SEE SCHEDULE FOR EXTRA SERVICE PRICING (EC CODES).
SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
ALL PRICES IN U.S. FUNDS, F.O.B. FACTORY.
ENVELOPES INCLUDED IN CALENDAR PRICE WHERE LISTED.
TERMS APPLICABLE TO ALL ORDERS: Ad-A-Day® disclaims and all customers waive the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. The terms of Ad-A-Day’s acknowledgement and General Information for Products set out in this catalog constitute the entire agreement between Ad-A-Day and its customers, and supersede all prior and contemporaneous oral and written agreement, and shall be construed under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to conflict of law principles. All Ad-A-Day customers consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Federal and State Courts in Bristol County, Massachusetts. If a court finds any term to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall remain in effect. Ad-A-Day may retain a reproduction (e.g., electronic image, photocopy, or facsimile) of the acknowledgement and these terms which shall be considered an original and shall be admissible in any action to enforce the ordering agreement between Ad A Day and its customers. Ad-A-Day may accept orders either by acknowledgement or by commencing performance (e.g., beginning production of products or services ordered by a customer). Once accepted by Ad-A-Day, orders are non-cancellable. Any change to the terms or conditions contained in our catalog and on Ad-A-Day’s order acknowledgement must be made in a writing signed by both parties. Accordingly, any contrary terms or conditions on customer ordering documents shall be of no force or effect. In any action to enforce the terms and conditions contained in this catalog or on Ad A Day’s order acknowledgement or production performance, the customer agrees to waive all right to a jury trial.
1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: ALL ORDERS ARE ACKNOWLEDGED. CAREFULLY REVIEW YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AS ORDERS ARE PROCESSED IN ACCORDANCE WITH IT. Tobacco ads are not accepted.
2. AD COPY REQUIREMENTS: Maximum five (5) lines of copy for most styles that are not full color. Additional lines are permitted in certain cases (per additional line EC070). The recommended minimum type size is 8 points for print and 10 points for stamping. Distributor is solely responsible for clarity of type smaller than recommended.
a. FOIL STAMPED IMPRINTS should use solid face type styles and open logos. Certain type styles and logos with intricate designs may fill in when hot foil-stamped.
b. Imprinting outside standard copy area: Special composition charge applies (EC170) plus per-piece running charge (EC175). Limitations apply on some products. Call for details.
3. AD COPY, REPEAT ORDERS, please state “SAME COPY AS LAST YEAR” (refers to ad copy only). Include a sample or proof. Please include your previous purchase order or factory order number. Co-op orders must meet minimum quantity, otherwise setup charges apply; see item 9.
4. ART, DIGITAL (SUPPLIED FILES): Supplied digital art files MUST be in PC format, compatible with 2014 Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Documents should be created at finished size plus 1/8" bleeds on all sides (TC 3/16") if applicable; keep critical elements including color blocks, type, etc. 3/16" to 1/4" away from trim. Please call for specs if not published. A reference PDF or hard copy MUST accompany supplied art files. Please contact our Customer Service department with additional art preparation questions.
a. Digital files up to 8MB may be e mailed to email@example.com with Purchase Order number clearly stated in the subject line. FTP upload is available for larger files; please contact Customer Service for instructions. NOTE: your order WILL NOT be processed until we receive your Purchase Order.
b. Files will be pre-flighted upon receipt to determine acceptability; distributor will be notified if problems are found or anticipated. Files requiring color separation or reworking will incur additional per-hour art charges with a 1 hour minimum (EC025).
c. For 1– 2 color printed and foil-stamped calendars, solid line art should be provided (no screen tints or photographs). Trapping/tight registration is not allowed. Vector files are preferred; i.e., Illustrator eps or PDF with all type converted to curves. If art is submitted as JPG or TIF, file must be 600 –1200ppi black & white art.
d. Photographs should be supplied as RGB JPG files at a resolution of 300ppi at printed size, UNLESS you are combining photos and type using Photoshop, in which case files should be created at 450–600ppi at actual size in order to preserve sharpness of type. Combining photos and type in either Illustrator or InDesign is optimal; see specs in e–f. NOTE: Images taken from websites are unacceptable for imprinting.
e. Type-heavy artwork should be set in Illustrator. For best results, leave PANTONE colors in swatch palette; do not convert or rename them. Convert all type to outlines and save as PDF using High Quality Print settings. Choose “Don’t Include Profiles” under Output.
f. PDF files exported from InDesign are also acceptable for full color products. For best results, leave PANTONE colors in swatch palette; do not convert or rename them. Use High Quality Print PDF settings, include 1/8" bleeds on all sides (TC 3/16") if applicable, embed fonts, and set crop marks to offset outside the bleed. Under Output, choose “Don’t Include Profiles”.
g. NOTICE: Type, “cuts,” artwork, etc, used by Ad A Day® to produce products and services, belong to Ad-A-Day and are kept on file for one year, unless separately quoted and billed on the customer invoice.
5. ART, NON-DIGITAL: Art for all of our products is created in digital format. Customer’s non-digital logo or artwork can be scanned if necessary (art charge will apply).
a. CAMERA-READY ART: Originals must be dense black ink or toner on smooth white paper, or high-quality color photographic prints for color products. Offset-printed photographs, transparencies, low resolution prints, photocopies, newspaper or magazine clippings, faxes, letterheads and business cards are not acceptable as camera-ready originals, although in some cases we can work from them (art charges may apply as specified in 5b). We reserve the right to determine acceptability of originals and will notify the distributor regarding status of supplied materials after we review them.
b. NON-CAMERA READY ART: Any art that needs to be retouched, re-created or color separated will incur per-hour art charges with a 1 hour minimum (EC025).
c. RETURN OF MATERIALS: If artwork is to be returned it must be clearly marked as such and accompanied by a pre-addressed envelope with proper postage affixed. Artwork with no return request will be held for one year.
6. CA PROP. 65: We believe our products are not deemed hazardous under CA Prop 65 regulations. If requested, we will provide Warning Enclosures provided distributor notifies us that the final destination is CA but order is not clearly labeled as such.
7. CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS: ONCE ACKNOWLEDGED ANY CHANGE OR CANCELLATION WILL INCUR A FEE (EC890).
8. COLORS: Prices include imprinting in one color (except full color products). Multiple-color ads with close registration, as well as solid logos (especially on foil stamped products), require special quotations.
a. STANDARD COLORS: Black or Gold (see specific item for standard color designation)
b. OPTIONAL COLORS (EC080): Red PMS 185, Maroon PMS 208, Blue PMS 300, Green PMS 343, Brown PMS 4695. Others available at extra charge, see item e. NOTE: for certain products, colored foils may be substituted for inks. Foil colors will match standard ink colors as closely as possible but are not guaranteed to be exact matches.
c. Digitally printed products are subject to some color shifting — while diligence is exercised to produce high-quality color reproduction, we cannot guarantee complete consistency, accuracy of colors, or exact PMS color matching.
d. STANDARD FOIL: Gold. OPTIONAL FOIL: Silver (ECO81); White (EC033); Custom (EC073).
e. Commercial ink match (specify PMS color number): per color (EC060)
f. 2-color imprint: Setup (EC100), plus per-piece run charge (EC110).
g. 3-color imprint: Setup (EC140), plus per-piece run charge (EC150).
h. 4-color imprint: Setup (EC155), plus per-piece run charge (EC152).
9. CO-OP ORDERS: Each copy change must meet minimum quantity for the item or contracted program, otherwise setup charges will apply: new orders/new ad copy (EC005); repeat orders/ad copy (EC007).
10. ENVELOPES: Included with product unless otherwise noted in catalog item.
11. ENVELOPES, IMPRINTED: Setup charge (EC020); Repeat Imprint Setup charge (EC004)
a. B&W envelope imprinting incurs per-piece run charge after April 15 (EC010).
b. Full Color printed envelopes: Setup charge (EC020) plus per-piece run charge (EC019 early-mid season, EC018 late season). Color envelope ad copy is limited to a Logo and Return Address (approx. 3" wide by 1" high). Call for larger ad copy pricing.
12. “FACTORY READY” means approval of ad copy, artwork, style, color, quantity, proof, and satisfactory payment arrangements, etc. are received by Ad-A-Day and the order is fully ready for final production.
13. LOSS/SHORTAGE CLAIMS: MUST BE FILED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF RECEIPT. Time is of the essence. Our responsibility is limited to replacement value. Not responsible for CARRIER DELAY, FIRES, BREAKDOWNS, STRIKES, LABOR UNREST, ACTS OF GOD, FORCE MAJEURE, or any factor beyond our control.
14. LESS THAN MINIMUM: Minimum order is $75.00. A “less than minimum” charge (EC160) is applied when less than the lowest listed quantity is ordered. This charge is in addition to the copy change charge on a co-op order. No order quantity below two-thirds of the lowest listed quantity will be accepted.
15. OVERRUNS & UNDERRUNS: Billing will be for actual quantity shipped. Amounts shipped are usually +/–10% up to 250, +/–5% up to 1000, and +/–2% over 1000. NOTE: “NO OVERAGES” are subject to short shipment. “EXACT AMOUNT” incurs a 10% surcharge (EC013). Two and three color imprints are subject to twice these overages or shortages.
16. PARTIAL YEAR AND/OR SPLIT YEAR PADS: Most of our stock pads run 13 months, December through December. Split Year pads are subject to availability.
a. For Partial Year pads (removing months from a standard pad), per-pad charge (EC179).
b. For Split Year pads (adding months to a full standard pad), per-pad charge (EC180) PLUS the price each of the second pad.
c. For Partial PLUS Split Year pads (combining two Partial Year pads) per-pad charge (EC027) PLUS the price each of the second pad.
17. PROOFS: First electronic proof will be provided via email at no charge. Additional proofs resulting from customer changes incur per-proof charge (EC030). Product proofs: One Color (EC040); Two Colors (EC050); Full Color (EC055). Factory is not responsible for errors after proof approval.
18. SHIPMENTS: FOB FACTORY - NO COD shipments.
a. Orders to a Post Office Box will be shipped Parcel Post Insured and should ship no later than September 15 to ensure timely delivery. Distributor is responsible for Parcel Post Shipments after September.
15. We recommend expedited shipping methods for shipments outside the continental U.S. Shipping, Handling and Insurance charges are added to your invoice.
b. Third party and non-UPS shipping methods are discouraged. Such shipments are charged per order, per address (EC037).
c. Drop shipment charges for domestic deliveries, per address (min. 100 units EC201; less than 100 units EC202). International delivery charge (EC203).
d. Envelope pre-shipments, per address (min. 100 units EC200; less than 100 units EC032).
19. SHIPPING DATES: Orders are shipped when ready unless otherwise requested. Orders not “Factory Ready” by October 1 cannot be guaranteed for delivery before December 31. If a shipping date is changed (earlier or later) and it is necessary to remove it from storage, a charge will apply (EC244).
20. STOCK AND IMPRINT COLORS: Colors of stock and imprint may vary due to lot or batch color dyes for which Ad-A-Day is not responsible.
21. SUBSTITUTIONS: Substitutions may be necessary due to seasonal stock shortages. Delayed production may occur.
22. TERMS: Net 30 days after credit approval. Ad-A-Day accepts only Visa and MasterCard. Credit card payments will only be accepted for items at listed catalog pricing, and cannot be used as payment for special quotes or any discounted pricing. Overdue accounts are subject to maximum monthly interest allowed by Massachusetts law. If collection proceedings are required, all charges with interest, and all fees and costs for collection, court proceedings, and attorneys will be assessed.
23. TRADEMARKS/SERVICEMARKS: Ad copy and/or special copy, logos, etc. sent to Ad-A-Day are accepted by us as being in compliance with all laws applicable to trademarks, copyrights, patents, etc. Their use, when specified, is the responsibility of the distributor and customer who jointly and separately agree to indemnify and hold Ad-A-Day harmless from any and all liability which may occur from the use of the submitted material.
24. WEIGHTS/PRICES: All listed weights are approximate, and all listed prices are net unless otherwise indicated, and both are subject to change without notice.
25. ORDERING DETAILS: Early and mid-season pricing discounts require orders to be “Factory Ready” by dates noted and shipments must be accepted on or before September 1st. Black imprinted envelopes are included at no extra charge with orders that are “Factory Ready” by April 15. Early season pricing ends April 15. Mid-season pricing ends July 15. Prepayment in full is required in the absence of satisfactory advance credit arrangements.